A special congrats goes out to alumna Melissa Goldsmith ’05 who recently completed an impressive challenge. Melissa ran a 5K in every borough of London as a way to raise money and awareness for CrisisUK – a nonprofit that helps homeless people throughout the United Kingdom. You can read all about her journey here:
By Kirsten Falcone, RN
Happy fall semester, and here’s a warm welcome to all the new Hilbert students, and welcome back to returning students! You don’t have to be sick to come in and see me! These are the free services you may receive if you stop in to see me.
- Health assessments, if you are feeling ill
- Confidential health advice
- Wound assessments and bandages
- Referrals and information regarding immediate care centers
- Weight and body mass index (BMI) checks
- Help with beginning a weight loss program
- Blood pressure screenings
- Nutrition recommendations
- Access to doctor appointments (at Orchard Park Family Practice)
- Information about your prescriptions
- Free feminine hygiene products
- And much more!
Don’t hide in your dorm room when you have a health issue! The Wellness Center, located in St. Joseph Hall, is open Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. during four-day weeks).This is a service absolutely FREE to Hilbert students.
Since you do not have to be sick in order to see me, I look forward to seeing you!
Have a healthy and happy new school year!